Game 5’s have been great to Houston. We have seen offensive chaos in game 5 before and now we’ve seen the elite pitching and defense of a team determined to bury every narrative in the dirt. Phillies – Astros Game 5 last night was the latter, and it did not disappoint.
- I have been screaming it all year. Offense wins you games, but Defense and Pitching wins you championships. This 2022 team is built for it.
- Justin Verlander can finally rest easy. Arguably one of the best right handed pitchers in the history of baseball was 0-6 in the Fall Classic and all he did was grind out a start to give his boys a chance.
- JP3 WS MVP? The kid has been a superstar and the new face of baseball.
- Framber, Bregs, Pena and Press are all potential WS MVP candidates if you close it out in G6.
- Trey Mancini made the trade worth it with a snag with runners on the corners.
- Chas McCormick, against his City, and his favorite team ripped their souls out of their body.
- Ryan Pressly getting 5 fuck you outs was pretty damn cool.
- I might not be able to leave Cancun ever. Yall buy some shirts and come visit my beach bar.
Job’s not finished. One more.
Stay tuned to ApolloHOU’s Houston Astros coverage for the rest of the World Series and beyond. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok @ApolloHOU so you don’t miss anything.
Pingback: World Series Game 6 Preview: Hidden Weapons, Unlikely Heroes